Tuesday, December 30, 2014


MAC 
Holiday Keepsakes Face
Collection




Gahhhhh - Hubby picked this up at MAC for me for Christmas - I've been dying to get a hold of this MAC Holiday Keepsakes - Face Collection palette.
Not only is the cabochon embellishment amazing, the packaging is also glittery.

I've always been attracted to the Victorian era's so this really got me excited when MAC first launched this holiday collection.
This collection ranges from 13.50$-60$.

This palette is the Keepsakes: Face - "Natural Face" - 49.50$, which is currently sold out.




 The front of the palette is simply gorgeous.  Its embellished with a Victorian lady, covered in black glitter and lined with faux beaded pearls on the outer case. The case itself is a very thick plastic, nice and sturdy, with any kind of palettes... just don't drop it lol



The front closure is quite simple, press down and it pops open.
I just can't get over how gorgeous this design is.


 Featuring three (3) eye shadows - a cream color base - iridescent pressed powder - two (2) lipsticks - one mini lip & eye brush.

Shades

  • Sparkling Rose
  • In Good Taste
  • Royal Rendezvous
  • Heir of Sophistication
  • Filigree
  • Eloquence
  • Sass





I had a very hard time swatching this due to the colors being very light after applied so hopefully you can get an idea, of the pigments and how this may look on an olive skin tone.


I had to swatch the lipsticks 4-5 times to get it to show up... I'm really not sure what to think of this palette after taking these swatches. The eye shadows didn't have very much pigmentation to them, as you could see in the prior photo, and the lipsticks needed to be applied 5 times in order for it to show up, and probably would need more applications to actually give you that full colored lip.
The packaging is beautiful but I have to be honest, the quality of the product is not there, it looks very cheap when applied... maybe I'm just use to Urban Decay's over flowing fall out with thick color, but I would have figured MAC stepped up there game.. I guess not, now I remember why I broke up with MAC.

If your into collecting palettes than yes I would recommend this just for the packaging, but if your looking for quality makeup, this palette is not for you.



xoxo
Mrs Chic

No comments:

Post a Comment